Monday 29 November 2010

It Cannot Get Any Worse

Snow, snow and more snow.  Day off today and I'm 'cold turkey' and need an optics/feathers fix.

And then the news that Leslie Nielsen has died.  I'll not labour the point as I am sure the news will be giving it good coverage (and if they do not, that's a travesty), but some notable quotes from Airplane and Naked Gun are:

Rumack: You'd better tell the Captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.
Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
Rumack: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

Hanging Lady: Nervous?
Ted Striker: Yes.
Hanging Lady: First time?
Ted Striker: No, I've been nervous lots of times.

Rumack: Can you fly this plane, and land it?
Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

And the ABSOLUTE classic of classics here.

2 comments:

  1. He started long before that, from forbidden planet.

    Commander John J. Adams: Nice climate you have here. High oxygen content.
    Robby the Robot: I seldom use it myself, sir. It promotes rust.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049223/quotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can gain some consolation that our wonderful tv stations will now re-screen all his output before Christmas gets in the way.

    ReplyDelete