Saturday 6 March 2010

Too bored to even think of a title.........

What an afternoon!  I don't think I have been so ornithologically bored before.  Ever!

Arcot Lake this afternoon was quite a non-boring start.  Five Mute Swans (two preparing for jigginess!), Five Pochard (four blokes and a lady), 14 Coots, a pair of Canada Geese, one Gadwall (who'll have to get self-jiggy!), two male Tufties (who'll have to learn how to get jiggy from the 'gentlemen' who frequent the shore and beyond) and a Cormorant.

Havannah NR - should be re-titled Haven't-annah!  It was quiet; too quiet!

Prestwick Carr (Prestwick Can't!) - was, like Haven't-annah, simply a Great Tit fest (and I am so bored I cannot even be bothered to attempt a double entendre with this one either).

I am off to unpack my crochet hook and Ladybird Book of Needle-Point................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment